Less cars. Less gas. Less smog. Less paint. Less gears. Less lycra. Less fat. Less is more.*
An essential part of NADA Bike was to be an open source resource of bike knowledge empowering individuals to make their own decisions and learn what they need to have full control of their transportation. Members were encouraged to build their bike from the frame up, the way they want it, as they learn every aspect in the process.
NADA represents a fundamental change in thinking about personal mobility. NADA is a movement, not a bike company. In our first phase of NADA, we signed up 100 charter members giving them a naked fixed-gear bike frame.
*More independence. More health. More freedom. More sustainable. More DIY. More fun.
Promoter, Social Media, Bike Frame Shipper
Half Moon Bay, CA & the world
Fall 2009–Summer 2010
Press & Publications
– Presented at Ignite Bay Area / GIW Edition in March of 2010 in San Francisco, CA
– Competed in the Pepsi Refresh Project – $25K in March & April, 2010
– Featured in I.D. Magazine’s “40 Transformative Design Projects”, Jan./Feb. 2010
– Featured in Mohawk’s Superfine “Mode of Transformation” Promotion 2010 paper sample
– Campaigned for Nau Clothing’s 2nd annual $10,000 Grant for Change